RE: {Epic} Braincrusha gun (was: Re: [Epic] Ork units that I miss.)

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 12:21:53 -0400 (EDT)

>> I'd say what it
>>>was in 1st ed and 2nd ed is of limited usefulness (yes I have both
>>>and played both).
>>
>>How can you say that a 100cm 3+ -3save shot is "of limited usefulness"?
>>In 2nd edition (the only one I played) it was the best orky shot under the
>>gutbuster, and the best way of blasting SH tanks.
>>Every single Braincrusha had a 1/3 chance to destroy, say, a Tempest:
>>2/3 of hitting * 1/2 of Tempest failing his save.
>>
>-----> Then let me rephrase that:
> I'd say what the braincrusha was in 1st or 2nd ed is of limited
>RELEVANCE. We're in a different game now.

True, but the whole start of the thread was "Things I miss from Space
Marine". It seems to me that a discussion of the old unit stats is
kind of necessary when trying to translate them e40k terms. You could
make up stats for completely new units, but then the thread would be
"Things I miss that never existed" ;).

David