Re: [Epic] Firefights

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 17:20:48 -0500

>> >LOS IS required for a firefight.
>> >Steve
>>
>> There was a Q&A question to JJ about this. For what it's worth,
>>here's the answer he gave:
>>
>>>5) During shooting, the rules specifically state thet a unit needs
>>>a lineof sight to at least part of the target detachment in order
>>>to participate.
>
>and....
>
>> >P: NO LOS is required in either case.
>
>So, JJ likes to contadict the rulebook... How convenient.
>
>I move that LOS be required in both a firefight and when supporting an
>assault, but that in this case LOS only needs to be to any units in CC.

How does Jervis contradict the rulebook here? The rules never state
that a LOS is required either for Assaults or Firefights. In fact, I'm
thinking that somewhere in the Battles book it is stated that LOS is
not required for lending support during an assault. (I'll have to check.)
In any event, this definitely stays within the spirit of the rules for
no LOS needed during snapfire.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.