Re: [Epic] Hello (E40K???)

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 07:59:35 -0500

David Lado wrote:

> >For example; LOS was
> >always a big issue in the old Epic... Now, you don't even need it (in
> >assaults and FF). Is Epic 40K really a better game simply because it
> >sweeps the problems of somplexity under the rug and therefore makes
> >the game less stimulating?
>
> I definetely think so. Measuring LOS from a models eye view was
> totally arbitrary and added nothing to the enjoyment of the game.

Do you guys use the LOS rule in E40K that you can see over any
terrain than which you are higher? LOS from the model does add
enjoyment to my play of the game, 'cause it feels right to me.
However, I'm glad that models don't block LOS (except maybe big
ones ought to). Has everyone else switched to the new LOS rule?
(I don't yet have an opinion on LOS for firefights and assaults.)

andy
askinner_at_...