Re: [Epic] Pictures

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 17:57:05 +0800

At 08:44 PM 7/3/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Oki Purwanto wrote:
>
>> One complaint though :P
>
>Right, I'll just sharpen my skinning knives....

Are an Ork or a covert Slaneeshi worshipper ? Knives indeed. Orks would use
Axes and Big swords to do those skinning exercises :)

>> I think the pictures would be much better if the pictures are taken a little
>> closer, ie. can see more details and the conversions :)
>
>Oh, agreed. Alas, it's not possible. The digital camera I'm using has a
>minimum focal length of about 30cm. Any closer, you get blurring, as
>some of the shots show. A few cm further away, you get the best effect.
>A few more cm away, and all detail is lost.

Does this mean that all your picture subjects have to be at 30 cm ?

>Until or unless I get a card that can convert the output of a
>videocamera, this is about the best I can do. My videocamera has a
>special "close-in" setting that enables pictures as close as 5cm away.

Why not just use normal photos and scanner ?

One more thing (no, not the knives !!!) the pictures do look kinda dark,
perhaps you might want to use more lightings (I saw my brother who is into
photography, using reflective paper, diffusers or whatever to get a more
even light source to give a brighter and sharper pictures. He took a few of
still-life photograph of roses in our living room, but still nowhere near WD
quality :P)

Regards
Oki