Re: [Epic] Hello (E40K???)

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 02:58:13 -0700 (PDT)

---David Lado wrote:

> I don't see the connection between complexity and depth of play.

> is it really _necessary_ that the doomweaver use a different
template?
> Does it really make the game better that the ordinatus shield is
> different from a kustorm deflector shied and a knight shield?
>
> To quote the Tick "Egad! What's the point!"

The point is that the whole Epic concept was designed for (let's face
it), people with an eye for detail. I mean, come on; 6mm tall troops
and vehicles that are only just big enough to pick up with your
fingers. Only a few of the Epic players I've met over the years have
not fallen into this group...

Epic is a game for articulate (let's go as far as to say obsessive)
people. You have to be or else the game would drive you mad. It
appears that GW has turned away from these people to a degree, but
have at the same time embraced another mindset of games. I will not
say that this is a good or bad thing, but for those that DO think that
complexity adds to the game, it is a real kick in the shins.

Christian.