Re: [Epic] Upgrading units

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 13:07:20 -0400

Christian Nielsen wrote:

> When you upgrade a unit (eg. Inquisitor Lord to a Land Speeder), do
> you simply take the best stats from the two units? ie. the above
> example would would have an assault value of 6 and a firepower of 2.

        From the examples, it looks like you take the stats of
the unit you upgraded to. The above unit would have an assault
of 2 (1 doubled because of Hero).

> Also, what do you do if you have both units with standard firepower
> and anti-tank units in the same detachment when you fire at an enemy
> detachment? Do you add up and resolve the AT firepower seperately?

        There's no such thing as 'AT firepower' - AT shots are
SHWs, and follow all the SHW rules. The 'firepower of 1' only
applies to firefights (and blast marker penalties, although that
isn't spelled out in the rules).

> I thought that this might be the case, but then you would gain an
> advantage for having say 5 AT and 5 standard firepower values in the
> same detachment; seperately you will get more attacks than if you
> combine them.

        More attacks? I assume you mean more blast markers? You
do (or can, at least) place more BMs if you're firing both normal
Fire Power and SHWs (such as AT) from the same detachment, but that's
the way it works.

Scott
shupes_at_...