Re: [Epic] Titan Close combat weapons

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 12:17:35 -0500

> >I reckon this would make Eldar titans a little too powerful in CC.
> >How about getting a reduced holofield save of 4+? I just thought
> >that the field would be reduced in effectiveness in CC (ever read
> >Frank Herbert's Dune?)
> >
> >Christian
>
> That's a good idea. A 4+ in close combat is more acceptable than a
> 2+. When you're closer you should have better chance to hit.

Yep. Walk right up to him, swing your fist, and .... HEY! He wasn't
really there! I walked right up to empty air!

Herbert's belt shield was a classic force field. You knew where the
enemy was, you just couldn't hit him unless you did it with something
that moved real slow. The Holo Field is a holographic projector.
It doesn't matter if you are close to or far from what you see if
what you see isn't really there.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.