Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences...

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 11:04:53 -0400 (EDT)

>> My question was not an accusation of "cheesing", I just wanted to
>> know if the mixing of Imperial Guard and Space Marines was not too
>> powerfull for a simple game (not for a tournament).
>
>I hope I didn't read as if I were having a fit. I was just a bit
>confused by your message and the follow-ups as I had not even
>considered that I would generate such a response. You also made me
>think about what I field and once I get a few more models, I will be
>fielding far fewer allies.

I didn't consider either of the armies cheesy. They seemed a good
mix of troops without any obvious attempt to exploit rules holes. I
think it's neat that you have your SMs and IG layed out as specific
units.

People seem to have a knee-jerk reaction to any mixing of IG and SMs,
stemming in large part from a fear that such armies are somehow more
powerful. My personal opinion is that people who look to exploit
the rules will do so regardless of whether they are restricted to
on list or several. For example, someone could easily field a
mixed SM/IG under the chaos banner and that wouldn't be considered
"cheesy", even though they were fielding the same units (plus
demons).

David