Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences...

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 11:33:25 -0400

David Lado wrote:

> People seem to have a knee-jerk reaction to any mixing of IG and SMs,
> stemming in large part from a fear that such armies are somehow more
> powerful.

        I think this is a fear held mostly by 2nd edition players,
and a somewhat justified fear at that.

> My personal opinion is that people who look to exploit
> the rules will do so regardless of whether they are restricted to
> on list or several. For example, someone could easily field a
> mixed SM/IG under the chaos banner and that wouldn't be considered
> "cheesy", even though they were fielding the same units (plus
> demons).

        You couldn't under the current rules (you sorta could
under 2nd edition rules, and that was cheesy). The structure of
the cultist detachment severely limits your access to IG armor,
and you can't take IG arty or SHVs at all anymore.

Scott
shupes_at_...