Re: [Epic] Combination armies (was re: My DexCon Epic 40k experiences)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 11:29:14 -0400

David Lado wrote:

> I always questioned how true it is that combining IG armies with
> marines makes them harder to beat. People always said this about
> allied armies in SM/TL, but I never really noticed the effect
> myself.

        I think it was more of a problem in SM/TL than it is in
Epic 40k. Pure SM armies had lots of good infantry, but that
infantry was expensive, there was no real artillery, and your
tank options were limited. IG infantry sucked except for heavies,
but IG heavies were a hell of a lot cheaper than devs. IG had
the best arty in the game, a good selection of tanks, and SHVs.
OK, that's not that bad, but when you add in titan battle groups,
things get a little disgusting. I hated facing armies with lots
of titans, space wolf companies led by termies, the ravenwing,
and IG arty & SHVs. Very annoying.

Scott
shupes_at_...