Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences...

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 11:38:19 -0400

Chris,

> ----> Ahhh...remember those days when you're mini's didn't include
every
> model you'd want to field...

<grin> When you're in those days, they don't seem so rosy...

> -----> Nothing wrong with taking a titan - they've been in the game
> longer
> than any other unit, so I think people ought to use them. An Impy in
> a 2000 pt army is a little much, though - it would be a gambler's
> army...

Yeah, that's for sure. I unfortunately played against someone once who
did that and I had taken a force of entirely tactical marines + some
bikes against him. I didn't last long and have been a bit touchy about
Imperators ever since.

> ----> Ain't that the hallmark of a marine force - YOU get to decide
> where
> the main fight takes place. In 2nd, I was always dumping out assault
> marines or termies on top of artillery units or objectives. If you
play
> marines,
> you really need to get some T-hawks if you do not already have
them...

I have two T-Hawks, though I use them mostly for ground support. I
like drop pods quite a bit for force deployment in small games. The
battles I play in tend to have a fair amount of airpower, so a
Thunderhawk-based detachment can sometimes have a very hard time making
it to the battlefield. Nevertheless, the ability to choose your
battles is fantastic. It can get you burned if you're not careful, but
I wouldn't give it up... :-)

> If you want to get picky, I think an IG-only army is more balanced
> than a Marine-only army, and probably more fun to play. Their troops
> suck?
> Remember, quantity has a quality all it's own...

Absolutely - as soon as they release the IG infantry, I'm all over
that...

> ----> You can mix units with several reasonings...maybe the marines
were

I love your suggestions and will definitely try them out. Should make
for some interesting battles!

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius