Re: [Epic] Icky food - STOP THIS TOPIC

From: David Dresser <lemming_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 18:34:13 -0700

Brown,Tim wrote:

> --Ken Taborek oberon_at_... wrote:
> >Nyeah, nyeah.
>
> Obviously you don't have a life, or you would see the necessity of
> limiting the subject matter to the game. Then again, it's my choice to
> unsubscribe when children like yourself publicly saying " Nyeah - Nyeah"
> and going on for hours about food from some has-been island, start to
> dominate the list. Try that BS on the Warhammer 40k list and see what
> happens. Go private when you want to discuss the weather, time , color of
> the sky, angels on a pinhead, etc. It just makes sense if the subject
> doesn't apply to everyone. Of course, this message was written for the
> benefit of everyone else - you obviously feel it's your right to
> selfishly "clog up the drain". And respond personally, please - we're
> wasting enough bandwidth.
>
> Tim Brown
>
> BrownT_at_...

Congratulations,

I've only been on this list since March, and this is the first blatant
ad hominem attack I've witnessed. (there's a useful definition of ad
hominem at http://www.best.com/~vandruff/art_converse.html)

Personally, it's the little bits of off-topic flavor that have kept me
interested in the list. The system itself is pretty dry without players
adding a little background to their games. Who am I to say that
drop-bears, meese, or haggis can't ever be worked into a campaign?

If bandwidth is a problem for you, you might consider ISDN. It's a bit
more expensive but it doesn't take any time at all to get your mail.

Lemm