Re: [Epic] Icky food - STOP THIS TOPIC

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 09:52:45 +0800

At 05:09 PM 7/8/97 -0400, you wrote:
>--Ken Taborek oberon_at_... wrote:
>>Nyeah, nyeah.
>
>Obviously you don't have a life, or you would see the necessity of
>limiting the subject matter to the game.

Hmm, I thought that would be a definite sign of a life, having some other
interest other than GW games :)

>Then again, it's my choice to
>unsubscribe when children like yourself publicly saying " Nyeah - Nyeah"
>and going on for hours about food from some has-been island, start to
>dominate the list.

We have discussed about efficacy of US armed forces, the never-ending Void
shields vs Doomweavers, the blessings that comes with tolerant women, GW
insane pricing policy and most recently the handover of HongKong on the list.

>Try that BS on the Warhammer 40k list and see what happens.

That is probably more due to the list-culture. The 40k list maintainers are
pretty strict on the relevancy of topics on the list. The Epic/Epic40k list
maintainer however feels that the current "culture" are fine as it is.

And who am I to argue with him ? Especially since when I do enjoy the
off-tracked topics more often that not.

>Go private when you want to discuss the weather, time , color of
>the sky, angels on a pinhead, etc. It just makes sense if the subject
>doesn't apply to everyone. Of course, this message was written for the
>benefit of everyone else - you obviously feel it's your right to
>selfishly "clog up the drain". And respond personally, please - we're
>wasting enough bandwidth.

Quite a few people brought up this concern before and I do think that the
list does get off-tracked often. However, I totally agree with a guy (sorry,
forgot who it was) who pointed out that the Epic list is basically a social
list of people who happens to like playing Epic.

Regards
Oki
p.s.