Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences...

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 12:30:07 -0400

Alan,

> With spikes on. The idea was that the turret with the multiple
missiles
> on would, when at close quarters, reverse itself, and tail with
spiked
> ball on the end would then swish around doing nasties.

This sounds way too Orky. Adeptus Mechanicus run amok?

> Actually, this always made me a bit uneasy. Where's the ammo? The
> targetting gear?

I was thinking along the same lines, so perhaps someone at GW realized
that too.

> No, it's now the Caring, Sharing Imperium. Even the Adepta Sororitas
now
> no longer wear wimples, just a shoulder-length straight haircut. I
> preferred it when they were Nuns With Guns.

I remember the old picture of 'Sister Sin' taking out 'Brother
Vermilion' in the old Rogue Trader. That was definitely a darker
Imperium. You can still play it that way, of course.

> Well, first there was Adeptus Titanicus. Then Space Marine 1, which
> added rules for things other than Titans. Then Codex Titanicus, which
> added Orks, Eldar etc etc.

Thanks for the clarification - I really have very little knowledge on
the history of Epic (but absorbing more as every day goes by). If
anyone has copies of these they would be willing to photocopy or sell,
I would be willing to reimburse a reasonable amount.

> That's a difficult one. One day, I may just put in all the quotes and
> fluff that I can dig up about the Horus Heresy.

I wouldn't stop you... :-)

> More later, if you're interested.

Yes.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius