Re: [Epic] New E40K units?

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 08:24:15 -0500

Alan Brain wrote:

> Christian Nielsen wrote:
> >
> > I've been recently contemplating wether I should create rules for all
> > the SM/TL unit types that were bumped in E40K, as well as converting
> > my own rules to E40K (see my homepage). However, it would seem that
> > this would defy the purpose of the game (ie. minimum unit types and
> > special rules). Would any of you like me to do such a thing? Or would
> > you not be interested in such "complexisising"?

Sooner or later I'll probably add figures that aren't GW at all.
I've got 3 Micromachines Star Wars ATST walkers (those are the
smaller 2 legged ones, right?). They are about the size of Knights.
I'd probably make them carry troops and have 1 FP. (Carry troops
just because they look a bit boxy. I do have to assume the troops
get out by dropping on ropes or something, though.)

I've got some Battletech figures. Two Rhinos look like big Chimeras,
with bigger guns, so they'll probably be used that way--carry more
stands and have more FP. Two Rommel/Pattons (I think that's what
they're called--these are large tracked tanks. The turret looks
sorta Eldarish, but not the treads. I haven't put this next to a
Stormhammer to see whether it is about the same size. If it is,
that's what it will be. I've got two Thor artillery vehicles, which
have a big gun (doesn't look very artillery-ish to me) and a small
turret on an arm that lifts it higher. Maybe an artillery gun and
a little FP. And 5 Savannah masters--little jeep-sized hovercrafts.
They're stubby enough to look a little Orky, but I don't think
"hovercraft" with Orks.

Anyway, I would use Alan's set of guidlines for deciding what each
would be.

andy
askinner_at_...