Re: [Epic] New E40K units?

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 08:31:49 -0400

Christian Nielsen wrote:

> I've been recently contemplating wether I should create rules for all
> the SM/TL unit types that were bumped in E40K, as well as converting
> my own rules to E40K (see my homepage). However, it would seem that
> this would defy the purpose of the game (ie. minimum unit types and
> special rules).

        I wouldn't say minimizing unit types is really the
purpose of them game (otherwise, why all the new IG tanks?).
While the game does cut down on the number of special rule
exceptions running around, most of the units that were left
out can be easily represented with just the basic specialties
given in the rulebook (frex: IG assault troops - as IG +
jump packs, assault; IG bikes - as SM bikes; etc). So create
away.

Scott
shupes_at_...