Re: [Epic] Re: Gorgon in e40k

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 10:18:26 -0400

James Nugent wrote:

> I wouldn't give it a save. Even the super heavy tanks don't have a
> save,

        That's because they have damage points instead.

> also the dozer blade was only on the front.

        Which is where 90% of all shots came from. In the grand
spirit of e40k's over-generalizing (which totally ignore vehicle
facing anyway), I see no problem in allowing it an 'all-round'
save.

> How about make it a
> sort of small war engine.

        eh, the Gorgon isn't big enough to be a WE. Only units
that were SHVs or Titans from SM/TL made WE status, and the Gorgon
wasn't a SHV (even though it was tougher than a shadowsword).

> Use your stats but give it a a DC of 2, no save, and any critical
> kills it(just make the chart be catastrophic damage-destroyed, no
> huge explosions or anything). Cost about 50 or so points. The Dc
> gives is survivability. Also, allow it to be taken as support for a
> detachment. Well, just a thought.

        The WE rules pretty much require that the minimum DC
be 4, since otherwise you'd end up with WEs that could only
be attacked by 1 stand in CC, while normal infantry & vehicles
can be attacked by 2. Also, WEs can only be in detachments
with other WEs... much easier to make the gorgon a normal
vehicle.

Scott
shupes_at_...