Re: [Epic] Re: Leviathans as HQ?

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 11:04:57 -0400 (EDT)

>> > Note: I know some of you may baulk at the idea of an army having
>> > sveral units with the supreme commander skill running around
>(plenty
>> > of stubborn troops), I reckon that this would not be out of
>character
>> > with the Imperial Guard. If an attacking force has three
>Leviathans
>> > (all capable of taking on the role of regimental HQ), then its
>troops
>> > SHOULD all be stubborn.
>>
>> I wouldn't be against this, as long as you had at least one imperial
>> infantry detachment for each Leviathan. Perhaps something like the
>> Tyranid rules - 1 Command Leviathan per 1000/1500/2000 points?

>Sounds like a good idea. How about 1 Leviathan per 1000 points? Or,
>alternatively, 1 Leviathan per 500 points spent on IG detachments.

Multiple Leviathin command centers should be rare, IMO, and occur
only with really big IG offensives. I would say only one Leviathin
per 1000 pts of IG (not counting titans either, but including the
imperial SHVs).

Alternately, you could allow IG players to mount their supreme
commanders on Leviathins, much the same way orks warlords can
be mounted on Gargants. Basically, the under the various unit
upgrades in the army list it would read:

Upgrade to Leviathin (Commander)* ..................+330 pts

Note: If the commander commands a Leviathin, he may take no
body guards.

This would be added to to the IG colonel, Commissar-General, and
perhaps the Inquisitor lord. Also, this would allow the option
of letting the IG player take the Leviathin and a psycher,
which would allow someone other than the Eldar to field psycher
war engines.

David