Re: [Epic] Re: Leviathans as HQ?

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 12:03:32 -0400

> Multiple Leviathin command centers should be rare, IMO, and occur
> only with really big IG offensives. I would say only one Leviathin
> per 1000 pts of IG (not counting titans either, but including the
> imperial SHVs).

True, according to the fluff. But according to the army list, you
could have just Leviathans in your army. What we're trying to figure
is how many of these 'command' Leviathans you should be able to have.
I'm in agreement with your 1 per 1000 points of IG infantry, tanks or
super-heavy tanks.

> Alternately, you could allow IG players to mount their supreme
> commanders on Leviathins, much the same way orks warlords can
> be mounted on Gargants. Basically, the under the various unit
> upgrades in the army list it would read:

I would allow this also, as a single exception to the 1 per 1000 rule.
(i.e. in a 2000 point game, you could have up to 3 command leviathans,
one being the supreme commander). Only the supreme commander's
leviathan should, IMHO, afford the re-rolls. The rest would just make
the HQs/Detachments within 30cm stubborn and provide support.

> Note: If the commander commands a Leviathin, he may take no
> body guards.

I would agree with this too.

> This would be added to to the IG colonel, Commissar-General, and
> perhaps the Inquisitor lord. Also, this would allow the option
> of letting the IG player take the Leviathin and a psycher,
> which would allow someone other than the Eldar to field psycher
> war engines.

I don't see this being applicable to the Inquisitor Lord, but that's
just my opinion. Orks can field a Mega-Gargant with a psyker, by the
way - so it's them and Eldar, but the Eldar can field a cheaper one. I
would also allow this as a house rule for the IG, for +10 points.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius