RE: [Epic] Re: Leviathans as HQ?

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 12:54:19 -0400

> Multiple Leviathin command centers should be rare, IMO, and occur
> onl=
y with really big IG offensives. I would say only one Leviathin
> per 1000=
 pts of IG (not counting titans either, but including the
> imperial SHVs).=

True, according to the fluff. But according to the army list, you
could =
have just Leviathans in your army. What we're trying to figure
is how many=
 of these 'command' Leviathans you should be able to have.
I'm in agreement=
 with your 1 per 1000 points of IG infantry, tanks or
super-heavy tanks.

>=
 Alternately, you could allow IG players to mount their supreme
> commander=
s on Leviathins, much the same way orks warlords can
> be mounted on Gargan=
ts. Basically, the under the various unit
> upgrades in the army list it w=
ould read:

I would allow this also, as a single exception to the 1 per 100=
0 rule.
(i.e. in a 2000 point game, you could have up to 3 command leviatha=
ns,
one being the supreme commander). Only the supreme commander's
leviath=
an should, IMHO, afford the re-rolls. The rest would just make
the HQs/Det=
achments within 30cm stubborn and provide support.

> Note: If the command=
er commands a Leviathin, he may take no
> body guards.

I would agree with =
this too.

> This would be added to to the IG colonel, Commissar-General, a=
nd
> perhaps the Inquisitor lord. Also, this would allow the option
> of l=
etting the IG player take the Leviathin and a psycher,
> which would allow =
someone other than the Eldar to field psycher
> war engines.

I don't see t=
his being applicable to the Inquisitor Lord, but that's
just my opinion. O=
rks can field a Mega-Gargant with a psyker, by the
way - so it's them and E=
ldar, but the Eldar can field a cheaper one. I
would also allow this as a =
house rule for the IG, for +10 points.

No real problem with this, but It s=
eems out of character for the guard. It makes more sense for eldar, who hav=
e psycic titans. And orks had teh wierdboy tower on the gargant. just put a=
 pscyer in the leviathan, it's the same think. I think it still has transpo=
rt capability.
------------------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorrect assumpti=
ons are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You=
 assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 =
million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume tha=
t we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore
----