Re: [Epic] NEW E40K web site can U help?

From: Carl Woodrow <carl.woodrow_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 21:36:34 +0100

GRYFONNE IV - Geneseed

BACKGROUND:
Greetings,
        I have only recently subscribed to this list and as yet have not had much of a chance to join in with some of the great topic threads I have encountered here, but this will be remedied shortly <g>. However this is where I hope some of you can help me out.

I am based in the UK and as such am fortunate to be virtually (no pun intended) on GW's doorstep when it comes to getting my hands on both new releases and any WD additions to E40K. I have been an avid Epic enthusiast since the 1st AT/SM edition through SM/TL to the latest release. I am currently developing a new website dedicated to E40K and this is where YOU can help.

I have already seen some of the excellent Epic sites available, some by members on this list but what I didn't want to do was create a site that contains material provided by some of you already. What I would like to do is set up a site that is a template for sharing some of your ideas, scenarios and battle reports with other Epic enthusiasts.
In order to do this I need both ideas of what YOU would like to see and ideas for scenario's and storyline's. As a gamer I have armies consisting of Imperial, Greenskins, Eldar and Squat, but have never played either Chaos or Tyranid and hence am not in a position to write scenarios for either of these races so I need Chaos and Tyranid players to offer suggestions on scenario's/army lists.

SEGMENTUM PACIFICA
In order to provide a feel of coherency for the site I will be basing events and storylines around the Segmentum Pacifica region and have already started on building some backgrounds for various planets such as Gryfonne IV and a return to Badab. If you have any suggestions as to what you would like to see please get in touch, alternatively if you have any material you would like to share with others on the site please feel free (see below for details).

THE DETAILED BIT :)
What I am looking for is:
1. Scenario's for the various races.
2. Short stories and battle reports revolving around these campaigns or even background material for some of the various worlds (create new planets if you wish)
3. Ideas for specific services that you would like the site to provide - NOTE - Please don't suggest anything along the lines of video, Java scripts, live chat sections and scripts or rendered cut-scenes <g> as I want this to be a site that is accessible to most users and doesn't take all night to load.
4. Anything you think others would like to see.

What I am NOT looking for:
1. Personal Army lists (not at the first anyhow, tho' in time I my provide a section for those who want to share them with others).
2. House rules. There are already some great sites that have excellent FAQ/rule sections and I don't want to fragment this. I would rather set up links to point visitors to those sites that are far better at this than I could be. NOTE - If any other site administrators read this then get in touch so I can set up a links list pointing to your site.
3. Anything not related to E40K or the E40K universe (latest edition). Before you all start sending the Inquisition this is because there are a number of sites that deal specifically with the previous SM/AT and SM/TL editions. Although I will set up well profiled links pointing to those sites so that everybody can find the material they are looking for.

Where is it?
Presently the site is being built locally as I generally don't release anything to the server until it is completed, however if I receive enough ideas/material I will publish it over the next several days and add bits as time goes on. All material will be credited to the author and will include any links/ e-mail addresses (or not if you prefer, please specify).
This is NOT a commercial project, nor is it sanctioned by GWUK (all rights reserved). It is simply a project I am undertaking for my own enjoyment and thought rather than go ahead and do my own thing I would open it up to others who share an enjoyment for the hobby.

If you do have any material/ideas you would like to send then mail it directly to me at carl.woodrow_at_... as opposed to posting on this list, this will stop the list being clogged up unnecessarily. Though on the other hand if you want to discuss it then post on the list.

Regards
Carl Woodrow
Return of the Griffons