Re: [Epic] Re: Gorgon in e40k

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 19:12:31 -0700

A lot of people have given a deal of thought to the Gorgon. My thanks
for all contribs.

Here's a summary:

1. Not an SHV, too small.
2. But at least as survivable as a SHV, so should have a save (as in
SM2).
3. Move way slower than a Chimera.

So here's my take on it:

Type Move Armour FP Range AF Special
Gorgon 15cm 6+ 4 15cm 3 Save,Transport(4),Close
Support

Cost: good question. about 40 sounds right. Chould be about 150% of a
Demolisher's cost.

Possible changes:

Move 10cm instead of 15cm (but I prefer 15, same as DNs etc, otherwise
this would be slower than assaulting infantry)

FP 3 instead of 4 (but the old model has 6 bolters and a HUGE mortar, so
I thing it should be the same as a demolisher, whose weaponry is
similar)

Transport(2) instead of 4, in line with the general degradation of the
larger transport vehicles. Still, an Ork BW transports 4 instead of the
old 5, so the Gorgon should have t(4) IMHO.

Cost. Costs should be adjusted downwards if either or the above are
used.

Place in Organisation:
Can be used instead of a Demolisher in Imp Gd organisation.
--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture