Re: [Epic] Re: Leviathans as HQ?

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 05:49:33 -0700 (PDT)

---David Lado wrote:

>> >Sounds like a good idea. How about 1 Leviathan per 1000 points?
Or,
> >>alternatively, 1 Leviathan per 500 points spent on IG detachments.
>
> Multiple Leviathin command centers should be rare, IMO, and occur
> only with really big IG offensives. I would say only one Leviathin
> per 1000 pts of IG (not counting titans either, but including the
> imperial SHVs).
>
> Alternately, you could allow IG players to mount their supreme
> commanders on Leviathins, much the same way orks warlords can
> be mounted on Gargants. Basically, the under the various unit
> upgrades in the army list it would read:
>
> Upgrade to Leviathin (Commander)* ..................+330 pts
>
> Note: If the commander commands a Leviathin, he may take no
> body guards.
>
> This would be added to to the IG colonel, Commissar-General, and
> perhaps the Inquisitor lord. Also, this would allow the option
> of letting the IG player take the Leviathin and a psycher,
> which would allow someone other than the Eldar to field psycher
> war engines.
>
> David

I like the "upgrade to a Leviathan" idea. I'm not that well versed on
Orky things so I hadn't even considered it.
As for multiple Leviathans being rare, I've seen LOTS of GW art that
shows 3-4 Leviathans in one section of the battlefront (probably in
Armies of the Imperium). But, fair being fair, titans are only really
included on a 1 per 1000 points basis, so this should be the same for
Leviathans.

But I still reckon all Leviathans should get the supreme commander
skill, though. Gives the 2nd and 3rd Leviathans some type of command
status.

Christian

===
"I'z neva seen such yellow troopz in all's me life!"

           Warlord Big'ead, invasion of Tallern, just before being
struck by a basilisk shell between the eyes.

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109