Re: [Epic] [EPIC] Ordo Malleus

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 21:17:30 -0700 (PDT)

---Harlequin Master wrote:

> Grey Knight Space Marine squad 34 points
> Consists of 2 Space Marine units (Ordo Malleus)
> Extra cost to:
> Mount in Rhino +7 points
>
> Notes: If an Ordo Malleus detachment consists entirely of
infantry

> units it may be deployed using drop pods.

-------->I like the idea of having an anti-daemon unit. I just have a
few suggestions:

1) Grey Knights ALWAYS wear terminator armour. The only reason that
not all space marines wear tactical dreadnought armour is because of
lack of resources. Seeing that the Grey Nights' chapter is (quoted
from A of the I) "the most extraordinary Space Marine chapter of
all... ...their role is to provide the Inqisition with a potent
fighting arm anywhere in the galaxy", and also that the Inquisition is
THE most powerful organisation in the Imperium, I reckon that they
could summon up just enough termie suits to house the finest of
humanity's finest warriors.

2) Grey Nights should always use drop pods, although in their case
they are being teleported down, not dropping. For this reason, I
advocate that an Ordo Malleus detachment may not take ANY vehicles,
always deploys in "drop pods", and furthermore, these drop pods cannot
be shot down by the enemy (aint too much to shoot at).

3) There are not many Grey Nights for the Inquisition to spare, so
their numbers should be limited. So how about a limit of 1 Ordo
Malleus detachment in your army?

4) "Grey Nights are only deployed against daemonic forces as they are
far too valuable to risk against conventional enemy." (A of the I)
How about only being allowed to include an Ordo Malleus detachment in
your army when fighting against Chaos and Tyranids?

Christian