Re: [Epic] [EPIC] Ordo Malleus

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 21:28:09 -0700 (PDT)

---"Erik K. Rutins" wrote:

> Since the Commander ability is 25 points,

The extra 25 points you pay is NOT for the Commander ability. The
main argumant for this is that you must pay an extra 25 points for the
HQ of _any_ detachment (ie. ones who's HQ does not have the Commander
ability).

I have come to the conclusion that the extra 25 points is to
discourage players from taking heaps of smaller detachments, the main
reason being that 10 seperate Leman Russ dtechments of 1 tank each can
inflict 10 blast markers on the enemy, whilst a single detachment of
10 tanks can only inflict 3 (in any one turn, against the same target
detachment)...

Which leads to the question, if you have a total FP of asy 30, and
there are say 30 detachments that are possible targets, if you fire 1
FP at each target detachment, you can inflict 30 BM's on the enemy (1
on each target detachment). I reckon this sounds a bit unfair, so
how's this:

Find the number of blast markers that would be inflicted by your
attack on a single target detachment, then, no-matter how many target
detachments your detachment shoots at, it can only inflict this many
BM's (distribute them as you like, but in proportion to the amount of
FP fired at each target detachment)

Christian

===
"I'z neva seen such yellow troopz in all's me life!"

           Warlord Big'ead, invasion of Tallern, just before being
struck by a basilisk shell between the eyes.

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109