Re: [Epic] Character & Special Stands

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 16:21:12 -0400 (EDT)

Having the "named" personalities in your army makes for great flavor.
But, just let them be normal stands that you paint up and convert very
well. I shudder to think of where this can lead:

Space Marine Techmarine as Space Marine 50pts
Gives all Armored units within 10cm the Save ability

It's hard enough as it is to kill a unit with a 6 armor.

My Land Raider Co. misses it's Techmarine, also. But isn't it funny that
we both used the Techmarine with the same Co.? There is a problem with
determining the points-cost for a unit that gives abilities to other
units. I've seen people squat their Techmarine next to their Imperial
Artillery Co. Ugh. What about the player who uses a Techmarine to
protect Rhinos? Is that worth the same as protecting Land Raiders?
Hellhounds?

If it makes you feel better, do what we do in our group with the
detachment commanders. Since command passes instantly to the next unit,
if a player has painted up a nice command stand, we just replace the stand
that assumes command with the nice one. It keeps the battlefield looking
pretty. And Ragnar wouldn't die untill the last Space Wolf in his
Detachment died, giving him a true heroes death.

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune