Re: [Epic] Character & Special Stands

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 16:40:20 -0400 (EDT)

Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...> writes:
> Having the "named" personalities in your army makes for great flavor.
> But, just let them be normal stands that you paint up and convert very
> well. I shudder to think of where this can lead:

        That's how I always liked to see them. I felt you could make
them more heroic by not basing them 5 to a stand. I was thinking
about modelling some phoenix lords for my eldar force, but it's kind
of a pain. On the other hand, it does let my swooping hawks last a
little bit longer, I'm so short on the aspects that were hard to find
before (Dark Reapers, Howling Banshees especially)

> My Land Raider Co. misses it's Techmarine, also. But isn't it funny that
> we both used the Techmarine with the same Co.? There is a problem with
> determining the points-cost for a unit that gives abilities to other
> units. I've seen people squat their Techmarine next to their Imperial
> Artillery Co. Ugh. What about the player who uses a Techmarine to
> protect Rhinos? Is that worth the same as protecting Land Raiders?
> Hellhounds?

        I thought they were best on Leviathans and other SHVs.
(Shadowsword company comes to mind)

> And Ragnar wouldn't die untill the last Space Wolf in his
> Detachment died, giving him a true heroes death.

        I like this aspect of it. I hadn't really thought about it
until now, but it does make them feel special.

Mark