Re: [Epic] Transport units

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 16:36:27 -0500

David Lado wrote:
[on putting assault troops into marching transports]
> I think it's an interesting tactic, and one that could work once
> or twice against someone who doesn't expect it. But I think it
> might also be very risky. It is much more likely to work against
> an isolated flanking unit rather than a unit in the main force,
> and thus have limited yields for a sizable commitment of troops.
> I don't think it qualifies as an unstoppable tactic, or even a
> difficult to stop tactic, and I would wait to see how it plays
> out to decide if it's even a good tactic.

I think it is way too much. There is only so much time represented
per turn, and cramming in a move with the marching detachment and
a normal move and an assault move seems to really be stretching it
to me.

I don't know know whether the rules disallow this anywhere, but it
seems to me to be very gamey.

andy
askinner_at_...