Re: [Epic] E40K:Battle Report - Orks'n'Bugs [LONG]

From: Sean Kennedy <sean_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 97 11:09:12

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 09:01:11 -0400, Erik K. Rutins wrote:

>Thanks for the report! Sounded like a great battle, consolations on
>your narrow defeat. One question I had as I was reading through
>regarded initiative in the movement phase. It seemed that every time
>you won initiative, you moved first and vice-versa for your opponent.
>Since winning initiative allows you to choose who will move first we
>always make the opponent take the first move so we can see where he's
>going and react. Do you play the initiative rules differently or do
>you just prefer to move first?

We play exactly as you do (We pick who moves first) but in this game I had really commited to the left flank and I wanted to get there as
fast as I could and manouver to keep the Cult from doing one of those march moves to the next table things :) The slowest memeber of his
Cult of Speed moved 25cm so he could quickly outpace me. As for my opponet, he wanted to start the retreat after turn 2 to keep from
getting into HtH. What I really need is to paint some of my Assault Spawn to help me with the speed. Thanks.

Sean Kennedy
        Internet - sean_at_...
        HTTP - www.bykenkaz.com/sean
        CompuServe - 74252,424