Re: [Epic] Initiative

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 04:06:36 PDT

You wrote :
>>> Just a thought, I don't know if anyone else does this but for
>>>initiative for
>>> equal strategy ratings instead of rolling to see who gets 3
>>>counters and who
>>> gets 2, we just both use 3 counters.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>that has BIG implication on the turns and no thought to the
>>strategy...your 'nids players must LOVE that......JR
>>
>Well what I mean is if you have a pure space marine army (strategy
>5) vs an
>eldar army (also strategy 5) whoever has the initiative advantage
>for the
>entirety of the battle shouldn't be decided on a single dice roll at
>the
>very beginning of the game. I see that if the strategy ratings are
>equal,
>then they should have the same chance each turn.
>
>TTFN
>Mike

My gaming group uses an other solution if the strategy rating is the

same for each army : we roll a die each turn to know which side will

have 3 counters and which side will only have 2.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/