RE: [Epic] E40K:Battle Report - Eldar vs Imperial (very brief)

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 07:35:51 -0400

> ----> Well you pile your boyz into a skullhamma and move at triple
> cha=
rge range....D'oh!

> ...or you could approach under cover of a mekboy dra=
gsta's deflektor
> field....D'oh!
>
> ....then move the mega-gargant over t=
o him and dump some Nobz stands out
> on
> him in CC....D'oh
>
> ....and if=
 you fire _enough_ traktor cannons at him...D'oh!

> ...Shokk attack guns =
on First fire do have unlimited range so...D'oh!

> ...Point a couple of m=
agna-kannons his way and when he pops up...D'oh!

> ...Spleenrippas are pr=
etty fast and have a decent hit chance & save
> mod....D'oh
>

> Chris Mil=
ler
> Can you guess what the theme for the day is today?

heh.
forgot
.. Bl=
ood Axe landraider detactment....D'oh

.. GutBuster in Slasha Gargant......=
D'oh

.. Weirdboy Tower with long range blast....D'oh

Gack.
 not only was =
80% of all ork wagons= battle wagon

us greenskins ended up with the WORS=
T War Engines in E40k

slow 85 pt targets armed with FP. worthless for shoo=
ting
at armor. Oh Boy! I put 1 BM on that group of eldar WE.

they used to =
have great armor, now...well, its not so good in E40k

enough bitching for=
 now.

against eldar, the best thing i have found is a kult of speed
with 1=
0 bikes, and 6 deth ray speedstas.

take 2 detachment like this, plus a det=
achment of boarboyz.

the boarboyz will help against the aspect warriors th=
at will
chew up those KoS bikes.

the lack of long range AT shots hurt the =
orks in a big way.

True, although eldar have no deth rays while orks can f=
ield them on a basic tank. Kinda balances out, especially since days can au=
to inflict a blast marker. (1 super heavy weapon, and it's gonna hit)
-----=
------------------------------
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
=
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we woul=
d be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But=
 your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -=
David Brin, Infinity's Shore