Re: [Epic] deathstrikes

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 17:02:41 -0400 (EDT)

"Miller, Chris" <CMiller_at_...> writes:
> >> 60 Deathstrikes? My stomach's turning already. ("Is that a Harpoon
> >> Missile? No? Shucks.") I've been locally threatened with beatings if
> >> I field *one* Deathstrike under E40K rules! Has anyone thought of a fix
> >> for Deathstrikes other than outright banning them?

        I think that was Aaron more than me, and it was before
1) We realized it didn't have the Artillery option for indirect fire
2) We realized Anti-Tanks shots are just as unbalancing. (Hey, you
in the psyker outfit! Eat this!)

> -----> For E40K I think the answer against the Soviet Rocket Corps would
> be lots of troops with "save" - it's the all T-Hawk (can you hit a flyer
> with
> a deathstrike missile? I don't think so but somebody check the rules...)

        You can't hit flyers with anything besides flak and snap fire
and flyers. (right?)

> (Oh and for SM/TL, I'd take chaos - bloodletters & horrors, anyone? A
> Lord
> of Change gets close enough and a big block of those launchers gets
> tied up in HTH...SPAWN!...and you can still use T-hawks.

        Yup, you can finally put the Hellbore to a decent use! (Well,
a mediocre use.) (Okay, okay, but at least it's more useful than it
traditionally is. Just hope it doesn't scatter a meter and off the
board when you surface.)

        Was I the only one who *hated* facing an opposing mob of
Bloodletters, Trolls, and Horrors? Not because they were overly
cheesy, but because they're just really annoying? It is *so* hard to
purge an area clean of these things.

> There might also finally be a use for those Tzeentch flyers...)

        The flyers, or the Silver Tower? I can't find anything that
I'd want a Silver Tower for except handing my opponent 4 VPs.

Mark