RE: [Epic] deathstrikes

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 15:52:10 -0500

>> 60 Deathstrikes? My stomach's turning already. ("Is that a Harpoon
>> Missile? No? Shucks.") I've been locally threatened with beatings if
>> I field *one* Deathstrike under E40K rules! Has anyone thought of a fix
>> for Deathstrikes other than outright banning them?
>
> Use more scenary? Or you could just swallow the damage
>and be happy your opponent didn't take more than he did...
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

-----> For E40K I think the answer against the Soviet Rocket Corps would
be lots of troops with "save" - it's the all T-Hawk (can you hit a flyer
with
a deathstrike missile? I don't think so but somebody check the rules...)
and terminator army. He can't kill _everybody_...

(as an aside I'm curious - does he fire all 60 at once, or does he save
a few
, or half-n-half or what?)

Chris Miller

(Oh and for SM/TL, I'd take chaos - bloodletters & horrors, anyone? A
Lord
of Change gets close enough and a big block of those launchers gets
tied up in HTH...SPAWN!...and you can still use T-hawks. There might
also finally be a use for those Tzeentch flyers...)

(Parting thought #3 - orks w/lots 'o mekboy dragstas in SM/TL might
work also, and nobz might be able to shoot the missile down...)