Re: [Epic] Army Sizes

From: Sean A. Upchurch <sau_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 14:17:32 -0700 (PDT)

<major snippage>
<Chris shows that our EPIC battles are really only skirmishes>

> even with three people per side. Now imagine a _Real_
> Imperial guard offensive. Infantry, tanks, artillery - marines would
> not even be a drop in the bucket on this scale, so when
> mixing them, think of them as elite special forces/commandos
> /stiffening troops. I can see titans being concentrated
> into groups within a few mile front, and used to break through
> >enemy lines like tanks were in our real wars.
>
> Chris Miller

Just to add a couple of notes of my own.

1) If you assume model scale is the same as ground scale [6mm] then our 6'
table is less than 1 km. [I know the scales are different, but bear
with me]

2) JML posted the Guards Motor Rifle Regiment to the list using EPIC40K
units [with those 7 point tactical stands]. Since I have enough models
to field it I worked out the cost of the entire OB with applicable air
support -- 12000 pts. *And that's just ONE regiment* Not a division,
or a corps but a regiment.

3) While I do feel that a 12K game is very large to play, I'd sure want
more than a single Regiment behind me if I'm going to take a planet! :)

Just a little extra perspective.

Sean U