[Epic] Re: comment on Rob L.'s envelopment thing

From: Eugene E.W. <eug_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 00:35:50 -0400

    I have also found table edges to be very helpful in annihilating the
losers of close combats and firefights. Even if it doesn't score extra,
('less you're a 'nid), it's somehow very satisfying...

    If a board edge isn't available, though, a more appropriate job for a
Ravenwing-type dealy is to perform the outflank themselves, and let the war
engine/assault detachment/miscellaneous tac detachment go in the front. You
might have been able to accomplish this on that second detachment, sending
the warhound in the front and sending the RW around behind. The important
thing is that you have to get most of the way behind them during your
movement phase, because (depending on how you interpret the rules) you
can't really circle people in assault; you have to move towards them. Of
course, this would have probably meant engaging those nasty stompas
directly...

Eldar jetbikes are by far the best at this- they are faster than anything
that doesn't fly, and they have that yummy 2 fp.

BTW, don't space marine attack bikes seem way better than the vanilla
bikes? I just joined the list, so this might've come up before, but I'll
bet that Ravenwing was heavy on the attack bikes. +1fp, +15cm range is much
better than +1assault, +5cm move, IMHO.