RE: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:44:58 -0400

----> The Eldar have gained in firepower, if anything. Guardians at 2fp?
Th=
e Aspects seem to be damn nasty, and with an Exarch...
Miss the old serpent=
 shields but the new one is a useful vehicle,
especially when teamed with =
the Doomweaver (whatever they call it now).

Actually, the Eldar have LOST =
a lot of firepower, at least a lot per point. One of these days I'll do one=
 of them analysis things. But anyway. Most of the firepower they have now i=
s alot point for point compared to the equivilent. Guardians have good Fp, =
but are mostly usefull for just winning firefights. It's hard to actually s=
hoot with them, because of the range. I've always wanted to try unloading a=
 bunch of guardians in front of the enemy and shooting them, but I doute it=
 would work to well. The reverse of this is that eldar seem to have gained =
assault. You can actaully get decent numbers of assault stands now, rather =
than a few small, but good detachments.
I miss when eldar were a shooting =
army, rather than a assault army. Persoanlly, I think assault is a strange =
way to go for an army concerned about causlties.
-------------------------=
----------
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law stil=
l reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by preced=
ents and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect=
 assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity=
's Shore