RE: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:56:59 -0400

How do you get the wave serpants/guardians behind (or even beside) the
enem=
y detachment to cut off a retreat?

    ---------ENEMY--------- <-- when a=
ssaulting you cannot move past
       G WS SH G WS the enemy u=
nless every unit in the
                                 det. has been enga=
ged by the hawks.

Furthermore, unless there is another enemy behinde the d=
etachment you are
engaging, you can't move past them regardless of if they =
are all engaged
since assaults must be toward an enemy detachment.

This se=
ems to restrict your tactic somewhat, seeing as the hawk detachment
is goin=
g to have to be at least equal in number to the enemy det., and
another ene=
my det. must be positioned to give your guardians a direction to
move.

Re=
ally? This is one thing i was confused about, do you have to engage every s=
tand, or just engade the detachment. Personally I would allow this, because=
 it make sense. What they really need is a second type of assault move, whe=
re you move in the assault phase, but don't have to move toward the enemy. =
Call it a tactical move or something. We tend to see assault as a way betwe=
en marching and normal. i.e. you get half firepower, but get to move farthe=
r. As opposed to marching, where you can't fire, but move REALLY far. Also,=
 on assault, you don't get shot as much.
----------------------------------=
-
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns =
in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and =
precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumpti=
on of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore
=