Re: [Epic] Entertainment

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 16:53:02 +0100

> >>2) GW: What exactly is this Rogue Trader I often hear speaking about on the
> >>list?
> >
> >Rouge trader is the first (?) incarnation of WH40K. It is a neat game
> >with a terribly written rules set and awesome art (IMO). The idea is
> >actually fairly different from the current 40k. Each player had a band
> >of merchants (rouge traders) that flew around the galaxy fighting other
> >rouge traders. The first suppliments were basically rouge traderz of
> >other races (freebooterz for orks). Your troops weren't actually
> >part of the official imperial army, and the game had much more of an
> >RPG feel to it.

Yeah, and those rouge traders were really nasty, too. But not half as
bad as the lipstick peddlars. I used to run a group lead by The
Eyeshadow Guy - perhaps not such good stats, but a really wild
paint-job.

[Satire mode off]

*Rogue* trader, *Rogue*. As in, not officially sanctioned, sort of
outside the laws, not actually part of the official Imperial army. Spel
it rite, or the Avon Lady will mayk a vizzit.

Richard