RE: [Epic] roolzboyz

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:37:41 -0400

1. what effect if any do eldar holofields (which save vs all hits
ev=
en
those inflicted in close combat) have vs close combat weapons which
"aut=
omatically inflicts catastrophic damage"?
===> What this is inteded t=
o get across is that if you do, in fact, get
hit you take the cata. damage.=

[>]Do you roll to hit, ie. roll a # of dice equal to half the current
da=
mage capacity? Also, would this apply for all war engines.
Ie. Do CC weapo=
ns have to hit, incidentally, if this were true
2 warengines with CC weapon=
s could inflict catastrophic damage on
each other. Maybe just the winner r=
olls to hit... If he(she?) fails then
the loser can roll. This makes sense=
.

>3. Psychic attacks - can you use them on flyers?
>----------> Yes.=

>4. Psychic attacks - if you use them on flyers, do you still have to
>rol=
l to hit? do you still have to roll to destroy?
>---------> If it causes =
a hit it damages the flyer automatically.
>5. Psychic attacks - cause a hit=
 on the target - do you have to roll vs
>armour?
>-------------> No.

[>] =

Don't understand that last answer. What does the question mean, Does it m=
ean, if you auto damage the fliers, do you get to roll to destroy it? I see=
 three options:
1:roll normally
2:Flier destroyed automaticly
3:Flier damag=
ed with no chance of being destroyed.

[>] This is why I never liked their=
 rulings. One of these days I wish GW would test their
rules more thourghly=
 before releasing them. To bad they do like software companies,
we could al=
l be beta testers!
[>] They wouldn't lose much this way, they make most o=
f their money from minituares anyway.
-------------------------------------=
"=
Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in =
the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and pre=
cepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption =
of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore