RE: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 07:09:40 -0400

No firepower? I must admit that I've only played two games against the
El=
dar in E40K. However, during those game I watched a detatchment of
about 1=
0 Falcons repeatedly pop-up and do *nasty* things to my army.
It took a lot=
 out of my forces to deal with this magic eraser of the
battlefield. (I fo=
und the Falcon detatchment to be much more impressive
than the eldar WE det=
atchment; and much much more impressive than my
10 Land Raider detatchment.=
)

The victories were split at one for me (marines) and one for Temp (Eldar=
),
but whatever he paid for those Falcons was worth it.

[----->] Well, th=
at's another opinion for ya. So far i've found the falcons to be siguraly u=
n-impressive. Especially after having entire detachments vaporized by land =
raiders and artillary. Interesting...
-------------------------------------=
"=
Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in =
the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and pre=
cepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption =
of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore