RE: [Epic] The whole LOS business

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 07:25:03 -0400

IIRC as long as one unit of the target detachment can be seen by units of=

shooting detachment, those shooting units can contribute to overall FP.

S=
ince the rule book did not give any specific example in resolving hits in
t=
his kind of cases (unlike the close combat where you can only destroy as
ma=
ny troops that you is directly in touch with you), I would presume the
rest=
 of the detachments are fair game.

[----->] Like you said, they don't giv=
e any specific case like this, but they say that if some of a detachment is=
 in cover, you can just fire at the troops in the open and not be able to h=
it the ones in cover. In the general spitirt of this I would say you cannon=
 shoot things no-one in the shooting detachment can see. What gets odd is i=
f only some of the shooting detachmetn can see somethins. For instance if o=
ne stand could see the night spinners they could all technicly die if the s=
hooter scored enough hits. I suppose that's the price you pay for simplicit=
y.
------------------------------------------------------------------------=
--------------------------------------
"Your incorrect assumptions are thre=
efold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that=
 we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 million year=
s."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care." =

                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore