RE: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 07:43:40 -0400

Our confusion was not over whether to use that chart for disrupt weapons,
=
because disrupts are after all super-heavy weapons, but whether their
succe=
ssful attacks count as "hits" for the chart (the first line thereof).
Hits,=
 as mentioned elsewhere in the rules, are fatal for the things being
hit, a=
nd the rules for disrupt weapons don't say anything about them
scoring hits=
. I therefore wasn't completely sure how to do the disrupt
weapons.

It's d=
efinitely not very important, but I felt I should try to explain my
somewha=
t confusing comment on the chart.

[----->] I understand your point. We ha=
d this problem also, but eventually decided 'inflicting a blast maker' cou=
nted as a hit for a disrupt weapon. The wording for them doesn't help. It s=
ays you roll a dice for each disrupt weapon and each 4+ rolled places and a=
dditional blast marker. It would have helped if they said something like 'r=
oll 1 dice for each disrupt weapon firing, each hits on a 4+, each hit infl=
icts an addittional blast marker on the target, disrupt weapons cause no ot=
her damage.'
[----->] ----------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorrect =
assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxi=
es"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the =
last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to as=
sume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore