Re: [Epic] roolzboyz

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 07:40:15 PDT

Erik,

>Have you really found the Eldar titans invulnerable to shooting?

Euh... En fait... Well, I have not fought against Eldar titans yet
but the holofields have a psychological effect, a 2+ save is really a
good one!

>They're much less vulnerable to AT shots, but hitting them with
>straight firepower - lots of dice - should take 'em down. If you
>get a
>hit through, the crit table makes sure that the holo-fields should
>go
>down around 50% of the time (7 or 8 = no holofields). I guess I
>find
>them to have around the same staying power as imperial titans.

Thanks, Erik, I'm feeling more confident now. It's true that with a lot
of fire power it should not be too difficult to shoot a Phantom or a
Warlock titan.

>If your
>opponent never rolls a 1, buy him some new dice as a present. ;-)

You can't know how my opponent is lucky! During a SM battle he
managed to pass 5 save tests in succession for only ONE dark
reaper... But now I'm thinking about this, I begin to understand why
he was always making this strange dance around the table before
rolling dice, it must be an Eldar spell to attract luck!

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/