RE: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 15:36:37 -0500

> [----->] Well, that's another opinion for ya. So far i've found the =
> falcons to be siguraly un-impressive. Especially after having entire =
> detachments vaporized by land raiders and artillary. Interesting...

My Land raiders couldn't shoot at the falcons until after the falcons
popped up and shot at the land raiders. By that time, of course, there
were usually many fewer land raiders. Also, since I was a marine
force, there wasn't much artillary to speak of.

Temp was also usually pretty good at combined tactics. I remember one
Falcon volley I wasn't able to respond to because I *had* to concentrate
fire on his ground troops to keep them from rolling up my flank.

In any event, the Falcons were always the scariest things in his army. I
can't imagine them ever being unimpressive. Keep them behind cover
and blast away at anything that threatens your ground troops. FP is the
single best way to eliminate enemy troops, and you'll get to reroll any
misses.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.