Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 16:53:30 -0400 (EDT)

allen_at_... (A. Allen McCarley) writes:
> My Land raiders couldn't shoot at the falcons until after the falcons
> popped up and shot at the land raiders. By that time, of course, there
> were usually many fewer land raiders. Also, since I was a marine
> force, there wasn't much artillary to speak of.

        Eh? I can understand how Falcon popup can be effective, but
against Land Raiders? Temp must have rolled a lot of sixes.

> In any event, the Falcons were always the scariest things in his army. I
> can't imagine them ever being unimpressive. Keep them behind cover
> and blast away at anything that threatens your ground troops. FP is the
> single best way to eliminate enemy troops, and you'll get to reroll any
> misses.

        Have you tried siccing a large air detachment at them? You'll
get to shoot back at some Nightwings, and then you'll be able to shoot
again that turn at the Falcons. Shooting twice may make up for
absorbing hits from Nightwings.

Mark