Re: [Epic] Barrage Templates

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 18:27:06 -0700 (PDT)

---Philip Troy Routley wrote:

> The best way, IMO, to deal with placing templates for barrages and
heavy
> barrages (but not mega-cannons, vortex missiles, cruuz missiles, etc
- just
> the FP barrages) is to place 1 template for the entire detachment.
>
> The barrage represents shelling over time, and the template is a
convenient
> way of taking into account troop density, though casualties are
removed as
> per normal FP rules (i.e. closer models first), so just place 1
template
> and consider it a stack of templates.
>
> For example, 3 basilisks and a bombard are firing at a detachment of
boyz.
> Place 1 template (which happens to cover a battlewagon and 2 boyz
stands),
> and multiply by the appropriate amount (3 barrages + 1 hvy barrage =
5, 3 x
> 5 = 15 FP). This is quicker then placing each template individually.
>
> Cons: A player who is trying to space his detachment to minimise
> casualties, but estimates poorly and has 2 units within 6 cm does
have
> those 2 covered by just 1 template, but by all of them.
>
> Troy

I can see what you mean, but I think it could prove to be a bit
unfair. eg. my Space Marine opponent spaces his detachment out (say
20 models), so as to minimize casualties from artillery. They are all
about 10cm from each other, except for two that are only say 4cm
apart. My 10 siege artillery units then rain down 10 barrage
templates onto these unlucky two, giving a total FP of 40 against the
entire detachment. This means that the troops that ARE really spread
out still get clobbered (well, they would anyway 8-).

Christian

===
"90cm is short ranged?!? ...you must be an IG player."

                        Scott Shupe, 25/7/97

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109