Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 23:16:34 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 26-Jul-97 Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique by Scott
Shupe_at_...
> Detail? Shading? On Epic figs??? Well, after seeing
> Erik Rutin's marine stands (which have really nice looking skulls
> painted on the friggin' shoulder pads) I guess it is possible.

D*mn straight, man. Of course, if really depends on how much you like
your infantry... I spent a lot of time paiting the Squats I put in for
judging in Games Day '96, and made the first cut as a result... of
course, I haven't done that since (spending about an hour painting two
stands of infantry *really* starts to suck after the first handful) but
we'll have to see....

[snip most of Brass Scorpian/KDE discussion]
> Hmmm... still, I think I'd rather have something else
> for the points, especially when it comes to holding forest
> objectives. 300 points will get you a minotaur/troll warband
> plus some fiends, or 2 groups of bloodletters/horrors.
>
> The daemon engines' weakness is primarily a result
> of facing off against shooty armies.

That can be pretty variable... one game against Chaos, three Brass
Scorpians were "holding" a forest objective, and my Iron-Braker Legion
was charging up to do battle... well, I do have to admit I didn't know
the Scorpians got that many shots, but the Chaos player got very lucky
and wiped out slightly over half of the Legion. Ow! (The Brass
Scorpians advanced to the edge of the forest, and my charge fell short,
FYI... they weren't on FF or anything like that.)

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...
                    Squat Leader, Den'Len Fetch