Re: [Epic] roolzboyz: close combat weapons and holofields

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 01:30:55 PDT

Eugene wrote :
>Well, the question is, does the catastrophic damage inflicted by the
close
>combat weapon a "hit"? (Is it just me, or am I bringing up questions
along
>these lines far too often?). The reason I ask this, of course, is
that in
>the stuff about holo-fields it says that they save on a 2+ against
any and
>all hits inflicted.
>
>The reason I don't think that holofields protect against close
combat
>weapons is that the rules for close combat weapons don't say
>anything
>except that the weapon "automatically inflicts catastrophic damage
>on it.

Of course, I agree with you Eugene, but when you resolve the close
assault you never count the holofields, it should be fair to roll this
save because holofields should add a bonus during a close assault.
On top of that, the rules say that the holofields save works even in
Close Assault...

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/