RE: [Epic] scenarios

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 01:52:39 PDT

You wrote :
>----> My thoughts also - I have some favorite ASL scenarios I'm
>going
>to use as a starting point, and see what happens.
>
>One question: What do list members prefer? Forces for each side
>defined down to the unit (which you may not have) or broader, "x
>points of IG tanks, x points of IG infantry" type guidelines? I think
>a broad approach with a few speciifc units to keep the right flavor
>is best, but what do people want?
> I'm just concerned that we might have a great scenario
>that calls for 3 great gargants. I'm pretty into my orks, but I
>don't have 3 great gargants (megas, yes, greats, no) so the
>scenario would be difficult for me to use - not impossible
>(ok, I've got the cut-out, my great, and my ork dreadnought
>from 40K - or just use the 3 megas as greats) but less than ideal.
>
>I'll be mulling this one over some more...
>
>Chris Miller

I don't like xxxx points vs xxxx points battles and I don't think
that battles with pre-defined armies are good too.
Perhaps a good mixture of the two could be good, something like this:

        An Ork warband laies an ambush for an Iron Wolf patrol on the
Lixtys world.
        Army restrictions are :
                - 1000 Iron Wolf army points
                - 1500 Ork army points
                - No titan, Gargant or WE (except scout ones)
                - No drop pods
                - No allies (ie Imperial Guard artillery detachments)
                - No Thunderhawks!

        Objective :
                - Iron Wolves : the Space Marines must exit at least
500 points of detachment by the opposite edge of the table.
                - Orks : the Orks must prevent the Iron Wolves from
escaping...

This kind of scenario seems to be the best one.
The simple x vs x points are too... simple, they are boring.
The scenarii with pre-defined armies could be good but I think there is
a lack of freedom, I like creating the army myself.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/