Re: [Epic] Special fate cards.

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 06:38:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Christian Nielsen wrote:

> ---HornedRat_at_... wrote:
[snip - Tarot cards for other races]
> > don't know about Squats though, maybe they'll have...um....Speed
> Them Up So
> > They're Not Slower Than Piles Of Ork Dung Rolling Down A Hill cards.
> Or
> > maybe not.
> >
> > HornedRat
> >

> "OK, I play 'Growth Hormones'.... any squat detachment grows legs and
> can move an extra 5cm. This is a free move taken out of normal turn
> sequence." Or perhaps, "Platform Shoes... Any Squat detachment
> counts as being as tall as humans for the rest of the game when
> considering LOS."
>
> Hmmm....
>
> Christian

How about the following:

Blessed Artillery Piece
Nominate a unit with the Artillery special within 15cm of a Squat psycher.
This unit can have it's orders changed to ! preperatory barrage if it
wishes. Double the FP of this unit for the turn, and inflict an
additional 3 blast markers on any opponent who makes Squat jokes.

The Great Equalizer
Place 3 Barrage templates in a contiguous line over enemy troops. For
this turn, those troops shrink to a repectable height of 4 feet. Halve
the movement of all covered units for this turn, and any detachment
they are a part of may not assault due to inferiority complex.

Righteous Indignation
Play upon a Squat Infantry detachment. The leader of this detachment
reads from his Book of Grudges some of the insults piled upon his peoples
by the opponents. Triple assult values and roll an extra die for each
stand in close assult in the next assult phase.

Well within reason, no?

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune